Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The countdown is on..

All right, I have neglected this because its been a whorlwind! We had the house inspection, which went great. Of all the major things that could go wrong, there was nothing. Great roof, heating system, foundation, etc. There are, of course, as will any house that is 100 years old, some issues. It needs basically almost all new doors, it has a chimney that needs to be taken down because it is nonfunctional and the bricks are losing mortar, so that will be a someday project too. We did agree with the sellers to have a tree taken down because with a real good wind, it will blow right onto our brand new garage. So, that will be taken down the first part of June, after we close unfortunately but it will be done FOR us and that is great. Our closing date is May 28th, and I just can not wait. It was three weeks from Friday and it is sooo wonderful and I just can not wait. We have started packing and some of the stuff I am packing is stuff I have never even used in the less than year we have lived here. I mean, we got GREAT things for our wedding, but we haven't even taken them out of the boxes because we haven't had a reason to use them.

So now the big question is.. PAINT. The kitchen is a color I would only describe as Kokomo green.. beach boys singing, maybe a few parrots on the wall, imagine yourself in Key West, my friends. I would love to say that is my design aesthetic, but sadly, its not. I'm just a little more traditional than that. The bathroom upstairs is what Blanche on the Golden Girls would have referred to as a "lovely shade of mauve." I'm thinking blue in the kitchen. I found this GREAT kitchen that I would like to imitate but I grew up in a white house. Not THE white house, however, my mom never painted the walls because she was afraid her finicky-yness in design would lead her to paint the walls at least once a month. So now I'm looking at my own house and itching to paint but afraid I will suffer from the same desire to change and always have some new or different. We shall see. I'll see if I can post a link to what I am thinking.. Feedback welcome! :)

Update: Tried a link.. We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment