Friday, May 14, 2010

Can I Get A ...


All right, we have the house.... Can I PLEASE get a J-O-B! My dear hubby has been so supportive and been very understanding during this year of torture, I mean, subbing. Everytime I hear these sappy ads about how we need soooo many teachers and inspire a kid's life and teach, I gag. At least here in the ol' ranch el Minnesota, there are not enough jobs for those of us who are old "reggies." Reggies, those of us who aren't special ed teachers or ESL or something along those lines which are in high demand, are seemingly a dime a dozen.

After having seven years of a successful teaching career, this subbing thing is for the birds. I know there are people who love it and love the no correcting, no conferences, etc. But I have loved teaching and I wish wish wish that I could just find a position here to be equally as fulfilling and the very least allow to girl to get some "cheeze-yo". Just kidding on that one. Sorry, I was channeling my inner rapper. Ice Ice Lamby, to go, to go...

So up goes a prayer for a job and hopefully a way to pay for a LOT of furniture we are going to need because otherwise this new house is going to have some wicked sweet milk crate chairs, cardboard box end tables, etc. We are going to double our size here people. For god's sakes, we are going to have TWO eating spaces, an eat in kitchen and a formal dining room. Here's hoping.. Oh, and a pic of of one of those dining areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment