Sunday, May 23, 2010

Beauty in the eye of my husband..

The boxes are taking over this tiny apartment.  Before we moved here, our old apartment was a lot larger (I wish I knew how many square feet.. it feels like A LOT bigger some days!) and so when it was time to start moving, we just moved our dining room table to a corner of the dining room and then just started stacking and piling and dropping boxes into the room that we honestly didn't feel that encroached upon as the date of our move came up. I recently noticed that when we move into our house, we will have been in this apartment less than a YEAR! Oy.  Someone thankfully pointed out that we won't have to worry about moving for a LONG time after this so that means we can settle and not do this shenanigans again! That is a relief!

Anyway, in this place I feel like boxes are everywhere and despite my hubby's estimation of half done, I think we are more like 30 percent packed.  I just feel like there is so much stuff NOT packed. I don't know. Maybe I'm being Debby- Downer but I feel like we have a lot not packed but since we haven't set a move out date, we can't really pack up the stuff we do need every day. 

However, a couple decoration decisions have been made.  The kitchen will be like a french country blue (or at least that's what I'm calling it) with some white accents. I saw online a great shade that I wish I could find but hubby assures me we have plenty of time for that. Also, thanks to Target today, we are now going to have a "baseball themed" den. While strolling the aisles of Target (a favorite past time of mine), we came across a baseball picture of Carl Fiske, a baseball player from New Hampshire that the hubby INSISTED we have. I acquiesced, assuming it would go in the library, at the top of the stairs.  After the purchase however, I was informed this was going downstairs in the den where everyone can see it! Yup.. WHERE EVERYONE can see it.  We are going to now find old baseballs and bats and go with a vintage baseball theme, which I am a fan of, but trust me, NOT where my decorating schema was going when I first envisioned our den.  However marriage is about compromise, right?

Baseball is beauty to my Mister... This I feel like will be a ticket to use when I want to do something like a girly guestroom, I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment