Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The house hunt begins

So after what seems of ages of nagging Mike, as he usually does, he surprise me by getting us preapproved for a mortgage one day while I'm at work. It seems like I have to work and work at Mike to get him to agree to do something and then WHAMMO he just does it, after I have given up and think that all hope is lost. Oy.

Timeline:
Monday : Hubby gets mortgage
Wednesday: Meet for the first time with our realtor (wow! OUR realtor!!)
Friday: go see houses for the first time.

Tomorrow/Wednesday: Look at second round of houses!

Can you believe it?? We don't fool around here I guess.. Well that and the fact we would like to take advantage of that good ol' tax credit. Thank you Mr Government. So after the first six houses, Hubby and I of course have picked two favorites.. Two DIFFERENT favorites. The rundown(with as little bias as possible, I will try)
My fave:
1910 red brick house with character out the hoohoo, loads of ugly wallpaper and MASSIVE POTETIONAL. (picture a dining room with chair rail, crown molding, great staircase with inlaid wood work) 4 bedrooms, 2 baths, attached two car garage. His complaint: too much work

His fave:
Traditional house with 3 TINY bedrooms, 1 bath, recent updates done poorly by the homeowner (seriously, no mudding over the drywall tape:() Nice living room and dining room but the second floor is TINY. (I think I mentioned that?)

So tomorrow we go to look at some new ones. Will a new favorite emerge? Will we find anything we can agree on? In my dream we are going to walk into one of these houses, give each other a look, and it's done; we've found the house. That's how we found our wedding venue, it was like we both knew right away that it was the perfect place for us. Here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment