Monday, March 8, 2010

Spring Green

Well Gee Thanks Universe.. apparently you are listening to me. I hope that follows with a job. So Mike sat down with me this evening and ACTUALLY looked together at houses and found some really cute ones and some HORRIBLE ones and he said he is going to ask around tomorrow for a realtor in the area is good. This is a step forward! I am hoping that he gets some good recommendations because I feel like it's all about a recommendation when it comes to things like realtors. Would it be wrong to post the super cute house that we found? Maybe I should keep it a secret so no one swoops in and grabs it from me!! All I'm going to say is brick two story with old school charm and lots of ugly wallpaper that I would be happy to take down and do a little re-deco on. The front door is white and has such presence and I could just see it with like two little kids sitting on the front step with their first day of school outfits on.. Just a dream.. And maybe a few flower boxes... A girl can dream, can't she.

So.. Any thoughts out there in blog land on how to pick a good realtor? I want someone who will get my taste and Mike's and understand we need a good compromise and are first time home buyers who are green.. like spring green. (I didn't have a title for this post until I wrote that.. there was no set up, I promise) I want to pick someone who isn't like too pushy because if I can't find the right house at this moment, I am willing to wait. And of course there is the fact that Mike is SUPER NEW ENGLAND, meaning he is blunt, doesn't mince words and is not rude but if he doesn't like it, he will tell you. Not always how things work or how people act in Minnesota. So a good cultural experience, I guess.

So Tips? I'll take whatever you've got anyone who is reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment