Friday, February 26, 2010

Well, it's finished..


There are more than a few things that are finished, as this post will attest. First, I finished my first quilt. It's only a lap quilt, but I'm really proud of myself for finishing it and being pretty pleased with it, and even MORE SO, starting another! So maybe my "noncrafty" days are finished too. I am book hunting this weekend for project books to use and create with. I would like to make a wall hanging of some point to put in my kitchen and would like to finish (is this theme getting a little much?) putting some decoration to these plain white walls which belong to someone else. I hope that comes to an end someday soon as well..

I have started a small list of must haves for our house hunt, which I am hoping will start this spring. If you have any house hunting tips, I would be more than appreciative. Also! If you have tips for finding the right realtor for us, I would take that advice to. How do you know if you get the right person who will be a good fit? Can you "interview" realtors? How? Advice welcome!
So, My list, thus far..
1. At least three bedrooms, but I would rather have 4. I want this to be a house we live in for a while. I'm so not a moving lover.
2. Two bathrooms, at least. (can you have too many?)
3. Curb appeal. I have to drive up the drive way and be proud that this is my house.
4. Attached garage. I've never had one in all my places until this one and I LOVE IT. There is nothing better than to not go outside to hop in the car on a miserable MN day.
5. Some updating needed. Mike and I are not looking for an overhaul product. BUT we are interested in working on a house doing some updating in a kitchen, bathroom, some paint, fixtures, etc. I know Mike would love to put on a deck, but I am NOT interested in a complete renovation. I don't know if I could live through a complete remodel. Not quite what I have in mind for our first house.


Anyway, also I am FINISHED (last time, I promise) with this DARN TRASH CAN. I am extremely grateful that my husband helps around the house a lot. He is very good about things and I am appreciative. The trash is one of the things that he takes care of all the time, but sometimes I need to take it out, especially when I get into a baking frenzy. When we got married, one of the things we got was a new trash can because our old one was also scuzzy. So we get this expensive round trash can which is going to change our lives, right? WELL, it has caused more aggravation than anything else. It rips the bag when I take it out because it catches on the hinge. Argh.. So I'm hoping I can convince him to get a new one. However, he says, "I'll take it out, don't worry about it. It's not a big deal, Stace." So.. Does this deserve to be written about? Probably not. BUT it has been aggrevating me to no end so maybe by writing about it, I'll feel better about it.

Thanks for any advice out there for the few people who read this. Much love..

No comments:

Post a Comment