Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Commited myself

FINALLY FURNITURE HAS BEEN ACQUIRED!  That's right. I finally jumped into the commitment pond and picked out furniture and went with it.  (afterwords, of course, all the NEW ads for furniture sales made me second guess, but DARN IT, I DID IT!) We bought a sectional that went with the current color in the living room, because my hubby was NOT going to paint, but was also super comfy and had the right mix of comfy/traditional sense of style I was looking for.  Something that isn't too modern, which in my mind doesn't fit in a house built a hundred years ago. Something that isn't too casual because I didn't want it to just look like a tv room.  Something that wasn't so traditional and stuffy that it felt like it should be in the neighbor's house next door. ( same ones who btw, brought us string beans from their garden last night.. Gosh I love them) Something that my hubby is currently napping on!  So it is good.  Pics should probably be posted here-in, however this girl is sad because her laptop has died and loading pics isn't as easy as it used to be.. (insert sad face here).  Can you tell this couch was a major decision?? I truly think I put as much thought, research and shopping into this as I did my engagement ring.. No lie. 

Anyway, we also got a dining room table, bed, and bedstead.  Whoo-hoo.  The bed and such were not as stressful decisions and the dining room table was kismet.  As we looked for "the" couch, we came across the table and it was the only one I really liked from day one.  I saw it and nothing compared after it.  It has four chairs and a bench and is really sweet. Again pics, should be here, laptop dead, blogger in mourning. Lo Siento, Amigas.. 

This house needs some sassy-tizing.. Like, accessories and such. That is my next project:  Lamps, wall stuff, I bought fabric for a table runner and maybe a valance in the kitchen so some sassy-ing up of the place comes next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment